Subject: [Leica] Re: reportage was WOW!
From: "Daniel Ridings" <dlridings@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 17:12:13 +0200

Well, actually, the root is literally "carry (portare) back (re-). In Sweden
"reportage" is used for any news item, be it visual, written or oral. You
can watch a "reportage" on the evening news, or read one in a magazine like
Time, Newsweek or a daily newspaper (usually a little longer, not a "notis"
(notice)). Everyone probably borrowed the word from the French (who gave it
to us from Latin), so we'll have to wait for their verdict :) (They wouldn't
have it any other way anyway, so we might as well leave the door open to
them :) )

Daniel