Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Lux non-ASPH
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 22:36:11 -0400

On Sun, 04 Aug 2002 13:22:26 -0700, Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Like in real use environment instead of playtime!

You know, Ted, not all of us are 24/7 pros.  We do the things with our
cameras that we enjoy doing, as we have a right to do.  Most of the time
that's taking pictures, but sometimes our curiosity gets the better of us
and we do other things with them.  Like test lenses. I don't see any
difference between that and testing different films or developers to
increase our knowledge and abilities.  Either activity adds to our
understanding of the craft we are engaged in.

Your insistence that those of us who do anything but shoot are foolishly
wasting our time can seem a bit arrogant and, frankly, it gets tiresome
after a while.  Yes, you're a top-notch, world-famous photographer.  But
that still doesn't give you the right to denigrate those who choose to
approach photography differently than you.

Paul

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] 35 Lux non-ASPH)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] 35 Lux non-ASPH)