Subject: Re: [Leica] Dan Burkholder workshop and ink question....
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 06:11:52 -0700 (PDT)

I wasn't really clear enough on this.

The issue with Epson's older printers (like my 3000)
is that the print is not perfectly rectangular. For
example on a large print it is not unusual to have an
8th of an inch difference in length on one side of the
paper vs. the other on a 20 inch print.  Even at half
that, a 16th of an inch is a lot to be off if you are
trying to match up with a digital negative produced on
yet another printer. You can't properly align the two
images if one or the other is slightly long or short.

The higher end of the Epson line have done a better
job of feeding accuracy.  I just put in a 7600 and it
uses a vaccum to hold the paper and automatically
aligns the paper so that it feeds through straight...I
think the 7000 operates in a similar fashion.