Subject: RE: [Leica] Dan Burkholder workshop and ink question....
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:08:55 -0700 (PDT)

Actually the very first thing you do to install the
Cone Peizography inks on an Epson 3000 is to load the
Epson color inks and run a 20 inch print, then get out
your ruler, and measure the two sides. If they are no
more than 3/16ths of an inch off they are OK for the
Cone inks, if they are more than that they are OK for
Epson inks, but not for the Cone inks.

Both my printers are slightly longer on one side than
the other.  This presents problems in matting, but
also would present problems in registration with a
negative. I haven't used the 1280's or other Epson
desktop printers, but I assume they are not much
better than the 3000 (maybe a wrong assumption on my
part).

In any case, Burkholder uses the 1280 to print
negatives and mentioned he uses the 7000 for most
everything else. DJ