Subject: [Leica] What hath Kyle wrought...
From: "Mitch Zeissler" <zeissler@directvinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 22:42:58 -0400

All...

Got tired of the crappy built-in lens hood on my new Noctilux, and,
following Kyle's lead, I took a pair of wire cutters to it.  The Noct is now
freed of that abomination and the cursed pieces of it lie in the bottom of
the trash can.  In it's place is a 60mm-to-62mm step up ring and a generic
gold-colored metal lens hood that I have since sprayed painted black.

Mmmmmm...  Much better!   ;-)

BTW, don't get the 62mm metal lens hood from Tiffen; it blocks the
rangefinder.

Regards,

/Mitch