Subject: Re: [Leica] What hath Kyle wrought...
From: Magnessbill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 10:20:20 -0400

"Bill, it looks like Mitch is more interested in the pictures he takes than
the the value of the lens, which makes sense to me.

sl"
Hi Steve,
I think it all depends on when you got into leica, a lot of 'experienced" photographers hate the collapsible lens shade, I on the other hand really like them- you can slide them in to see the whole viewing area and then slide them out if you need extra flare protection. On the noct. much of the viewfinder is blocked, with that big shade even more. I think that replacing that big shade is aesthetic, Mitch likes the look. As far as making pictures, I would argue that the more you actually see in the viewfinder is most important. And that is the reason for the new design.

I'm a user not a collector, but I like to trade up whenever I can, I cant see de-valueing my investment that much for aesthetics.
Bill   asmp