Subject: [Leica] Fenway/Sox - a great place for pics
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 21:58:07 -0400

Darrel-
    He'd fit right in! BUT -- he has to understand that, we haven't won a
World Series since 1918!! I've lived here all my 42yrs - I was at the
Boston-Oakland game 8/7 and got some great Leica shots (I hope). I was with
my 7yr. old son, my oldest, and when the Sox were loosing 3-2-- and had 2
men on base, bottom of the ninth, 2 outs -- Ramirez at the plate, full count
- - LONG fly ball -- WAY BACK -- Going into the bullpen -- and it's --------
CAUGHT by the A's center fielder who jumped about 3 feet in the air and
reached over the wall and brought it back in ----- Such is the life of a Red
Sox fan. My kid cried all the way home. He'd better get used to it! But I
got some great shots of him sulking in his seat, Sox hat down nearly over
his eyes, and popcorn he spilled all over his lap when he whacked the box
over!! I'll try and post it when I get the roll back (Fuji 400 NPS) But if
it comes out the way it looked in the M7 finder (35 1.4 Aspherical), It
should be a great blackmail shot when he gets older - and they STILL haven't
won a series:-) BUT - It's still the best ballpark to see a game that I've
ever been to!
EC
BTW - Have your son check out BC as well (OK B.D. - MIT too!) It's
comparable to BU, bit smaller and just up Commonwealth Ave a few miles!

\