Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: photojournalism
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 11:06:52 -0400

And, let's be honest about it, trainspotters and model airplane hobbyists -
and bottle cap collectors, etc. etc. etc. - aren't making any contribution
to their fellow man: Mary Ellen Mark, Sabastio Salgado, Eugene Richards,
Donna Feratto (sp?), Susan Meiselas, and Rob Appleby are - or at least
documentary photographers are attempting to contribute, using their art to
call attention to aspects of the human condition. As I noted in an earlier
exchange, the reality is that the contribution is largely ignored, but it is
there none the less.

B. D.