Subject: RE: [Leica] What if a Medium Losses It's Message
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:35:09 -0400

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
 Steve
LeHuray told us that...
In today's New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/09/arts/design/09BOXE.html

BTW:

Andy Grundberg is such a dork I dozed off during his recent lecture at the
Hirshhorn for the 'Open City' exhibit. Then got into a heated arguement with
him at the end.

Sounds like the LUG in real-life.;-)

But that article is quite weird, particularly as there is absolutely no
discussion in it of the work featured in the show...Yet another excuse for a
"reviewer" to write an essay about a topic of interest to the critic, which
has nothing to do with the subject of the review. This has become really
common in book reviews, where the review essential reads like an article
entitled, "what I would have written had I written this book which I didn't
write." ;-)

sl