Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 30: Costa Blanca, Spain
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:09:05 +0200

Thanks, Ted! I try to follow your "shooting from the shadow" maxim as best I
can, because it does bring consistently good results. As for the cat, as often
happens in this kind of situation, this is the second of two pictures I took of
it. In the first picture the cat is just napping, then he lifted his head in
response to the shutter click (even an M6 is readily audible to a cat, I guess)
and that is the picture I posted.

In general, for the landscape shots the light was a problem; the only time one
could get any kind of decent modeling was early morning, as in really early,
before I was functioning after intravenous coffee injections. After 9 a.m. the
sun was strong and unforgiving and later yet it was so hot that the brain slowed
to a crawl.

Nathan