Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Lens Condensation Question
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:06:05 -0700 (PDT)

I'm currently in Macau where temperature's are high,
but the humidity quite often reaches 90+. I noticed
when I'm in a mall, while in the comfort zone of
air-conditioning coolness, then stepping out into the
open, my glasses, camera's viewfinder and lens will
all fog immediately....and if I use it at that state,
focusing the lens will inevitably cause the inside of
the lens to fog as well. All the lens that I've been
using for years in U.S. were clear and fungus-free,
but just several days in Macau, all my lens acquired a
slight haze due to this condensation problem. Instead
of worrying about it, I would just have all my lens
CLA'ed after returning to U.S.