Subject: Re: [Leica] Shipley's Donuts: answering Mark
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:17:46 -0500

Mark, it is obvious you've never spent much time in Louisiana when you
talk about coffee.  The choices are wide, and even in New Orleans,
where the need for catering to tourists with a Starbucks lust is
necessary,  you can choose from MANY blends.

The most famous is of course Cafe' du Monde, usually drunk as cafe' au
lait with some square doughnuts called beignets, French Market Brand
is another,

If you notice in the corner of the shot showing the counter,
http://www.sonc.com/shipley
there is a Community Coffee Maker.  The coffee in the Pacquet Rouge
(Red Bag) is called Louisiana's State Coffee, and if you visit a state
office in Baton Rouge, you'll likely be offered a cup while you wait
for your appointment.

In the Natchitoches donut shop, Community Coffee is served scalding.
The denizens of Shipley's would have it no other way.  That woman who
put  her McDonald's cup between her legs would not have dared try that
with Shipley's coffee!

In our grocery, you can buy Community in the following versions:

    Dark Roast
    Between Roast
    Light Medium Roast
    Medium Roast
    New Orleans Blend® Decaf
    Decaf
    Café Special
    Hotel Blend
    100% Colombian
    New Orleans Blend®

Here in Natchitoches, we are again able to get Nakatosh Coffee, a dark
roast of heroic strength.  The way to make it best is French Drip, but
of course there are other ways.  Some put ice in the bottom of a
percolator, to ensure the process takes long enough to make serious
coffee.

Hmmm, time for my afternoon cup!

Sonny