Subject: [Leica] Shipley's Donuts
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:21:08 -0500

One of the hardest things for photographers is to take pictures of the
familiar things around us .

My family goes to the local Shipley's Donut Shop nearly every Thursday
morning.  The "tradition" began when my wife was commuting to a job 50
miles away, and we were no longer having a family breakfast every day.
We decided to have donut day, and since then, for at least five years
we've been a fixture there.

As you can imagine, even in a town this size, we get to see friends
that we don't get to see any other time; we catch up on some
unpublished political news, and we get some great donuts (my favorite
is the bear claw.)

I wanted to share some scenes from Shipley's, and I decided to go
"backstage."  I think there's lots of candids to be shot there, so I
may just make it a point to shoot some more, next time concentrating
on the customers.

http://www.sonc.com/shipley/

Regards.

SonC