Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Cassettes
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:45:54 -0400

Leica cassettes, Marc J. Small wrote:

"The Leica Cassettes have a fascia plate held in by two small screws.
Remove these, and the plate will allow all of the minor springs, fillers,
fitters, and bits-'n'-pieces to fly all over the place.  If you can find
everything, you can then reconstruct it minus the film chip.  If you've
lost a bunch of parts, well, you were going to throw it away anyway ..."

I've tried that and they sure do fly far! I'm afraid I'm much too
clutzy to deal with such small parts--I'll never be a watchmaker or
camera repairer.

Bob Marvin