Subject: Re: [Leica] X-raying of film by overnight couriers
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:44:48 +0200

I think the whole X-ray issue is a little overstated. I have been to Israel
twice recently, where you get your stuff X-rayed not only at airports but at
bus-stations - and there is no arguing with IDF personnel about handchecks,
unless you want to be detained, strip searched and put on the next plane
home. Nonetheless, despite even taking some of the unexposed film from the
first trip along on the second one (200 ASA), I have not experienced any
degradation due to the checks. I reckon some of the film must have been
exposed to at least 12 scans. Pakistan is even worse. So I wouldn't worry
about it.

R.