Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica R 135mm 2.8, 3 cam, ser7 v. can
From: "inyoung@jps.net" <inyoung@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:33:10 -0400

Hi,

  As far as I remember, 1968 new optical design was introduced on this
fabulous lens in my book.  The one with series 7 has been serving me for
more than 10 years with no disappointment except my blunders in focusing.
It has been one of my favorite lenses.  I have not used the latest one but
don't think there is a big difference between the two except coatings.  The
old one with series 7 is a steal specially because lots of people do not
prefer 135mm focal length for some reason.  I would not mind getting
another one for a good price.

Regards,
David