Subject: [Leica] Norbert and an R9? Doubt it ---
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:50:22 -0400

Hi!
    I happen to know Norbert - he has no R9 -- All those Polar Bear shots
(as well as the Nat'l Geo Eagle Issue a month ago) were taken with R8's (or
R6.2's) and his earlier walrus work this year was done with R8's as well. He
loves the R8 (and Film, btw) I have a number of original prints made by
Norbert, one 20" x 24" polar Bear  mom and cub -- it is gorgeously sharp,
and the soft colors incredibly reproduced. He's a great guy, and I think
he's the best nature photographer around (Frans Lanting is up there too) .
He certainly is the most dedicated - he's almost always 'in the field' -
where a good nature photographer ought to be.
    EC

http://www.uol.com.br/nationalgeographic/reportagens/zoom/ursos_0012_001.htm