Subject: Re: [Leica] POW New Photos: Boys of Summer
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:52:19 -0700

><Snip>
> > Main
> >         http://www.pbase.com/image/4226959
> > Alternate:
> >         http://www.pbase.com/image/4226874
> > More at
> >         http://www.pbase.com/phong/boyz_of_summer
> >
> > Photographically, I was trying learn to cope with the midday harsh light and
> > strong shadows, by using fill-flash, learning to expose into the light, etc.
> > I don't want to avoid shooting during the midday hours.
> > I was also getting tired of doing portraits of seagulls, and my kids were
> > getting tired of me doing their portraits.

 I'd assume it's not Leica M with all that fill on the beach I'd assume
it's Leica R but as there is no technical information at all I'm suspicious.

My thoughts are that this is the Leica Users list not the Teenager
Admiration List we want to know what film you used, what flash you used.
People! We don't care about!

Was that Hawaiian Suntan Lotion on the blond gals body?  The way it made
the water bead up like that sure made me think so! The other stuff just
doesn't cut it! It HAS to be that brown bottle with distinctive aroma!

Whats the point of using excellent Leica optics if you don't have
Hawaiian Suntan Lotion to make the perfect surface to photograph?

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com