Subject: RE: [Leica] POW New Photos: Boys of Summer - Now Non-Leica photos
From: "Phong" <phong@metrowerks.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:35:57 -0400

Cool it guys.   B.D., you're bad, really bad :-)

Whether or not it was appropriate for me to post non-Leica
photos is a LUG constitutional issue so to speak, so until
the Supreme Court of Brian Reid speaks up, the proponents
on each side can say all they want; it's all wasted words, and noone
can convince anyone else to change their mind.

Out of respect for the LUG at large, I will make best effort to post
some Leica-originated photos in the fiture, along with others.
This, I had meant to do even before the latest exchange of unfriendly
messages on the LUG.  Until I find a way to post Leica photos, I ask
those who disagree with me to kindly ignore my posts announcing
my photos.  I will mark them as Off-Topic Non-Leica

For those who spoke up on and off list in support of my side,
thanks.  It's  good to know that I am not alone in my
interpretation of the intent of the LUG.

On both sides, there are more of you than have spoken up on the list.
I appreciate your restraints.

Until something changes my interpretation of the rules, these
are my last words on the LUG on this topic.

Now I can get back to the tough negotiations of the 90 M Summicron
I am trying to sell.  Those Midwest types from Chicago are tough :-)

Thanks all,

- - Phong

No Archive