Subject: [Leica] OT - Epson 1280 Ink Monitor
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:38:46 -0700

I have not been able to get the ink monitor software for the Epson 1280 to
work properly and neither has Epson's Tech Support, escalated to "a Windows
2000 expert". I wonder if any other LUG Epson user has had the same problem?
Printing from PhotoShop7 is not an issue.
I uninstalled the ink monitor software (latest version, as is the printer
driver) and purged it from the register while on the phone with Tech
Support.
Gateway 1.8 GHz, 1024MB RAM, 120GB hard drive, Win 2000Pro. The Epson is
connected via a high speed USB cable to one of the USB ports on the PC. An
HP OfficeJet three-in-one is at LPT1; the ink monitor interferes with its
printer status.
Oliver Bryk
Norton AntiVirus scans all my outgoing e-mail.