Subject: [Leica] was POW, now Leicas Only
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:55:33 -0500

B. D. Colenbdcolen@earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)8/28/029:32 AM

>If it is, or if it's become that, then I am clearly in the wrong neighborhood
>and, to the immeasurable pleasure of a good many, will take a permanent hike,
>leaving the field to the Leica navel gazers. ;-)

This topic interests me. While I certainly appreciate Leica cameras, I like many others also use
other wonderful cameras as tools.

I view this list as a "place" where professionals and hobbyists, who own and use Leica cameras and
other photographic tools, come together to discuss and view visual ideas, techniques, and "tools".
I for one read, with interest, what others have to say about all cameras. I think the only
criteria for inclusion be that we each own and use Leica gear, as well as whatever else. We should
feel comfortable in showing work from any camera and learning from anyone using anything.

However, I would not feel comfortable with someone coming on the LUG line who does not own, and
never intends to own anything Leica, and barrages us with images from everything but Leicas - that
would feel over the line.

While I respect Austin's FOM2 project, and understand the Leica criteria. It also saddens me that
I have work which would fit the FOM theme but not the Leica criteria :-(

I would not like to see the LUG become as restrictive as FOM2.

my two cents

George