Subject: [Leica] PWIFLI: Portrait of Marianne
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:23:28 -0700 (PDT)

PWIFLI = Picture When I Feel Like It.  Lazy/busy man's PAW.

This is probably a record for me.  The picture was taken last Friday, and
it's up on Tuesday.  The picture was taken in Marianne's office, with
Ted's favorite Rembrandt lighting coming from a window, and the
flourescent office lights providing a bit of fill.

	http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/marianne.jpg

Now for some fun.  Let's play Guess the Lens.  Here is the above photo,
with no adjustments, spotting or sharpening, just reduced in size and
Jpegged:

	http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/marianne-4.jpg

And here's another shot with a different lens.

	http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/marianne-5.jpg

Can you guess which lens was used in each shot?  All I'll tell you is that
they both are fast normal lenses, shot wide open at 1/60th.  Delta 100
developed by a local pro lab in D76 1:1.

Disclaimer:  No, the lenses were not bolted to an 8-ton concrete block
equippend with a seismometer.  Therefore this is not a scientific lens
test, it proves nothing, blah blah blah. But oddly enough, the different
characteristics of the lenses do come through in these photos, and are
consistent with other photos taken with these lenses on the same roll.

Coming soon:  More pictures from Venice!

- --Peter Klein

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] PWIFLI: Portrait of Marianne)
Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] PWIFLI: Portrait of Marianne)
Reply from "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] PWIFLI: Portrait of Marianne)