Subject: Re: [Leica] breaking down and buying lighting any sujestions ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:10:45 -0700

"Wesson, Leo W" wrote:

> One word.  Pro Foto. Best.

I agree Leo on the Pro Foto.

I have a 1200A Balcar with three heads and a 1200 Ultra White Lightning.
I've been using the Balcars since 1979!
to buy another PowerPack which cost me $1400 in '79 would cost me over
five grand now!

The Pro Foto first of all has the best design I've ever seen - nice and compact.
http://www.profoto.com/default.php

They are made in Stockholm Sweden but somehow are priced very low.
Amazingly low.

Like my Balcar the Acute pack has a transformer and only pulls from my
memory only 2 olms? out of your wall while just about any other will be
pulling out 20. So no blown fuses with the Acute.
I was told it "asks" for power instead of "demanding it."

But Pro Foto does make other series of Powerpacks and lights. Lots of others.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com