Subject: [Leica] A nice experience
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:29:56 +0200

As you may remember, I spent a lot of time during June's football World
Cup in Zurich's immigrant neighbourhood, taking pictures of Brazilian,
Croation and Turkish fans as they celebrated their teams. Before one of
Brazil's games (the semifinal, I think) I came across these three women
outside a clothing shop and asked to take a couple of pictures of them:

The lady on the left is the owner of the shop, and she told me that the
old lady was her mother and that it was the mother's birthday that day.
So I took another photo of the old lady alone:

I was pleased with the images but they did not make the cut to the PAW.
However, yesterday, I took a couple of A4 prints down to the shop and
gave them to the owner. She was so absolutely thrilled, it was
fantastic. We chatted for 1/2 hour, and I have certainly made a new
friend. It really felt good to please someone else by doing something
that I love to do anyway.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman