Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadians, slavery and the health care system: OT...oh and Nazis too
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:39:14 -0500

john:

> I have never figured out why the Canadian health care system gets some
> people all riled up. It is not perfect by any means but I can assure
> you it works very well. In independent studies, it delivers better
> health care at a significantly lower cost than other places quite close
> to us. You do not have to like it or adopt it but please let us enjoy
> it in peace!

please, boreal brother, enjoy it with my envy.  i'd give my right leg to
have the kind of wonderful healthcare y'all have.  O CANADA!

it is, quite frankly, immoral that ~25% of americans don't have access
to easy and adequate healthcare.  i'd like to see how anti-universal
care americans would react if they were required to have police
insurance before a cop would help them or fire fighting insurance before
firemen would put out their burning house.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

"There's no way drugs can affect music in a negative way."
	--Brian Wilson

"I pledge allegiance to Queen Frag and her mighty state of hysteria."
	--Calvin and Hobbes

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg