Subject: RE: [Leica] Canadians, slavery and the health care system: OT...oh and Nazis too
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:03:36 -0400

John - The point most Americans miss about the Canadian health care system
is that doctors don't flee Canada because the health care system in your
country doesn't work - they flee Canada to make more money in the U.S. And
that doesn't have anything to do with the quality of health care in either
country.

And, yes, some Canadians - who can afford to - come to the U.S. for care
rather than wait for certain procedures in Canada. But it's odd that one
hasn't seen any investigative pieces - or AMA sponsored studies - showing
that any Canadians have died or become sicker because of waits for elective
procedures in Canada.

B. D.