Subject: RE: [Leica] Guess the Lens, was PWIFLI: Portrait of Marianne
From: "Phong" <phong@metrowerks.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:42:22 -0400

Peter,

> Only one  person correctly identified one of the lenses, but he matched it to the
> wrong picture.

That was me.  I knew you had a LTM 50 1.4 Nikkor, so I had a 50/50
chance to guess right on that one.  I know nothing to be able to identify
lenses from photos, especially B&W, especially on the web.  I did take
the opportunity to take a closer look at the pictures to guess, and play
Leica lens connoisseur on the net.  Thanks for the [cheap :-)] thrill.   :-)

Re. Cirque du Soleil, how was the show (which ?), and much more importantly
would they allow flashless photography ?  I have tickets (Thu Quidam) for
my son's birthday in a couple of weeks.  I am debating  M6 and/or Minilux
and  400 or 800 color negative film.  Anybody has any suggestions ?
I have a 35/1.4, 75/1.4, 90/2.0 for the M.  I don't want to bring more than 2 M lenses;
much prefer just one.   My inclination is M6 90/2 + Minilux, 800 color film.
Thanks in advance,

- - Phong