Subject: RE: [Leica] Guess the Lens, was PWIFLI: Portrait of Marianne
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:22:25 -0400

Well, ain't that a hoot! Summilux! Summicron! Summaron! Leica! Leica! Leica!
And both shots were taken with Japanese glass - one a 50-year-old design,
the other a modern lens which sells for $489 NEW at B&H.

Yes, I know we were all looking at jpgs on computer screens,but of course
that's what we always look at on the LUG, and that's what we look at when
people put up their lens "tests" purporting to show how much better one
Leica lens is than another, etc. etc. Perhaps this little demonstration
might suggest that the differences between Leica images and those produced
by other lenses are not quite as easily discernable as has been suggested.
And it might also lead to some thought being given to the fact that one can
make excellent images with non-Leica equipment. (Nah! It'll never happen. No
red dot, image sucks.;-))

B. D.