Subject: Re: [Leica] Long-term value; was Portrait of Marianne = bad mistake
From: "Jack Herron" <jherron@theriver.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 23:50:49 -0700

As a matter of interest, $151 invested in common, unexceptional stock in
1967, would today be worth about $3,400, given just the average, long term
return on the market.  Leicas are marvelous cameras, but do not represent a
wise investment.  Just putting the money in a low interest bank account
would have brought a much better return than the lens, but would have given
you no pictures!
Jack C. Herron
8118 E. 20th St.
Tucson, AZ 85710