Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 35: Life around the lake shore
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:24:52 +0200

This week's four offerings are all snippets of late summer life on the
shores of Lake Zurich. The main picture is of a mother and son eating at
the Imbiss (snack bar) on our local beach, about 500 m from my house. I
had asked the mother if it was OK, the answer was yes, but the kid was
not quite sure about the whole situation:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_35.jpg
(M6, 35mm Summilux ASPH, Delta 100)

The three alternates are from the neighbouring town, about 2 km away. At
this time of year, every town in Switzerland has an event called Chilbi,
essentially a small-town fair with rides, lots of junk food etc. I think
that the purpose is to make the end of the summer and hence the
beginning of another school year less traumatic for the children. So,
riding my motorcycle home from Zurich, I saw the men setting up the
Ferris wheel in Erlenbach:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_35alt1.jpg
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_35alt2.jpg
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_35alt3.jpg

All three alternates shot with M6, 24mm Elmarit, on Delta 100.

I took these pictures on Wednesday or Thursday. The Chilbi runs from
Friday evening until tonight (Monday), and as is apparent, the weather
was beautiful during the week. Unfortunately for the organisers, the
weather rapidly deteriorated beginning Saturday morning and the whole
weekend basically washed away. Today also does not look very promising.
Tomorrow they will take the whole thing down, load it on several trucks
and move on to some other town.

The complete PAW index is at:

http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2002.htm

and comments/critique are always welcomed and appreciated.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland