Subject: Re: [Leica] Portrait for critique/comments - Mrs Barber
From: "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 14:10:37 +0100

Hi don,

thanks for looking.  I am please with this shot - especially as I was on my
second glass of bubbly ;-)  When I compare my Neopan 1600  negatives
developed in Aculux 2 with those developed in DDX, I prefer the tonality of
that Aculux 2 gives.   The problem is that Paterson recently went into
receivership and supplies dries up.  They are no trading again and I have
some more Aculux 2.

Mrs Barber has pale skin and I printed it pretty much how I visualised it.
I'm going to give the print another go, but next time, I will try Ilford
warmtone paper or even Forte Poly warmtone.  This is why I love B&W - there
are so many variables!

Cheers

Mark Pope
Swindon Wilts, UK