Subject: [Leica] ALERT- Actual Leica R lens question
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:33:48 -0700

A class was offered by my local Leica dealer for R users.  The class
focused on all the features we normally ignore.  As part of the class there
were a large number of slides (projected by Leica!) taken in a bewildering
array of situations and with a wide variety of lenses.  In general, you
could pick out images taken with 2 particular lenses.  Their slides seem
somehow  to have more texture and more 'good stuff'. Sort of like comparing
a image  of melted wax on a candle stand taken with tri-X versus some of
that old Kodak High contrast copy film shot at ASA 25 and processed in that
magic developer that gave it low contrast.  There is just some sort of
smoothness that captures whats really there without giving up the
sharpness.  Does that make sense?
   The lenses? the 100 mm APO macro elmarit and the 19 mm elmarit.  Others
may disagree.  I like 'em, that's good enough for me.

John B

Replies: Reply from "dplace" <dlpimages@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] ALERT- Actual Leica R lens question)