Subject: Re: [Leica] A bunch of Leica pictures
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 06:49:37 +0200

Hi Jim,

I looked through all the pictures. I enjoy this type of market very much,
for photography reasons, and when I lived in Belgium, where this kind of
things is very popular, I used to go to one or more of them almost every
weekend:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexbm.htm
In your set of pictures, there are three I particularly like: the boat and
wheels, the wooden shoes, and the still. In general, I find that the light
is very harsh on many of the images, resulting in washed-out highlights and
detail-less shadows (I had less of a problem with this in Belgium, with its
usually cloudy weather...). But most of all, I find a curious absence of
people. Was the market not well visited when you were there, or were you
concsiously trying to focus on the things and not the buyers and sellers? I
always find that one of the chief attractions of such markets are the
colorful characters who come to them.

Kind regards,
Nathan