Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica --My first show
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:41:00 -0400

I'm very exited to have 5 prints  (3 of them Leica photographs--OT)
in a show of work by the Ft. Greene Photography Association at Long
Island University in downtown Brooklyn, NY.

Here are the details:

Fort Greene Photography Association Exhibit.
September 1 to September 27
Reception: Wednesday, September 18, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m

Salena Gallery at Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus,
1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY -
On the corner of Flatbush and DeKalb.

Gallery Hours are from Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm,
Weekends from 11am to 5pm.
F or more information call (718) 488-1198.

We just finished the installation last night and the work of the 19
photographers, other than myself, is stunning (I'm pretty pleased
with my own prints, but modesty forbids my posting a value judgment
about it :-)

The FGPA is a very interesting group--this is from its web
site(http://www.FGPAonline.com/):

"The Fort Greene Photography Club was started on January 14th, 2001.
The club is open to anyone who has an interest in the art of
photography. The Fort Greene Photography Club is not a class, nor is
it a camera club. It is an informal environment of creative
photographers sharing their knowledge of photography and learning
from others"

I joined the FGPA only a few months ago and immediately noticed that
it is VERY different from the traditional "camera club" I also belong
to. For one thing, at age 57, I'm probably the oldest member--I'm one
of the younger members of the Brooklyn camera club--a  nearly 100
year old PFLI and PSA affiliate. The FGPA has an interesting mix of
amateur and professional photographers many of whom, to my great
delight work in black & White and do their own darkroom work (things
mostly abandoned long ago by members by BCC members). I find both
groups to be very valuable--largely because of their differences.

In any case, I hope some LUGers  in the NYC area will be able to
attend the show.

Bob Marvin