Subject: Re: R2 mini-review (WAS: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 36: Infrared neighbourhood)
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:36:30 -0400

Nathan - sorry for butting in with my opinion but as a point of
discussion I hope you won't mind.  Sorry BD also if this is butting in.

I have the R2 and have had some minor complaints about the workmanship
of the R2 - I have an R2 that I put thru about 10 rolls so far.  The
first one had to go back because of a jammed shutter.  I know that any
camera including the Leica can be DOA and have to be sent back.  I was
willing to chock that up as nothing serious.  But I have to say that
the rewind is still very difficult, not smooth and the winding is
likewise.  I just recently used my Nikon FM3a side by side and the wind
on and rewind are soooooo smooth.  In the 10 rolls I've had 3 exposures
that were partially overlapped onto the next exposure.  This is such a
rare occurrence with my other manual wind cameras that it is notable.
I do agree that the R2 is more substantial than the R.

Once again I'm sorry  for adding my $.02.  Nathan any problems so far
with your R2

ernie