Subject: Re: [Leica] photos for your critique
From: David Mason <dcm@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:21:11 -0400

"Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com> writes:

> 1. In the general workshop views, you don't seem to have enough
> depth of field for the whole image to be in focus. I don't know what
> your shutter speed was, but it would probably have been better on a
> tripod.

Yes, I know what you mean. I have a cheap tripod and generally avoid
it. The light, although beautiful, was very low and I kept fooling
myself into thinking I was a steady shooter. Sometime soon I think I
will invest in a tripod I might enjoy using.

> 2. Same for the individual element pictures like 6 and 5. But 8, 11
> and 12 are fantastic images.

Thanks!

> 3. Some of the images of workers are just stunning: visually strong,
> dramatic, and immediately clear what is being done. 15, 17, 19a (not as
> dramatic but still a "story") 22, beautiful, 27 an excellent and weren't we
> talking about hands a while ago? But a few of them are obscure even with a
> title, 25 and 26.

Wow, I'm glad you think these were strong. I think I was most worried
about this particular category (and you are exactly right on the
categories - that was the intention) in respect to editing them
down. I am pleased with the ones I have up on the web, but there are
one or two more I might consider there as well - when I am less lazy.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Cheers,

Dave

Message from "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com> (Re: [Leica] photos for your critique)