Subject: RE: [Leica] I See Dead People & PAW Ketchup
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:41:51 -0400

Having read your explanation, Tom, here's what I see as the problem:

I think that what you have here is a classic example of a photo where the
photographer brings certain opinions and judgments about the subject-
specifically about the people in the photo and the relationship of their
mind-sets to the T-shirt - and therefore thinks that everyone who sees this
still image will know what the photographer was thinking.

I look at this and I see a group of people shopping - somewhere, I have no
idea where - with a T-shirt saying
"I see dead people" hanging over them. As the people in the photo are
clearly not dead, and don't have a dead look about them, I don't think this
works.

However - if this were a photo of a group of people in a subway car, lined
up on a bench, in which one person was wearing this t-shirt and everyone in
the photo had blank, dead expressions on their faces, it definitely would
work - at least for me.

Obviously, this is all a matter of opinion.:-)
B. D.