Subject: : RE: [Leica] I See Dead People & PAW Ketchup
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 17:03:14 -0400

Did I hear my name?

BD:

<Hi, Phong...As I see it the problem is that in order to appreciate this
particular photo of Tom's, you probably have to equate shopping with death.
If you don't, it misses.
Carl's photo comes allot closer to making effective use of a sign or
message. As you note, the city is devoid of people. I see it more in terms
of the obviously dying city - looking at the sign missing letters,
etc....But to each his own....I think Carl's shot might have worked better
had it been directly across the street from the sign, so that we could see
more of the rundown store fronts. But, again, that's a matter of
taste....which is, of course what all of this is about.:-)
B. D.