Subject: Re: [Leica] new(ish) group member - hello.
From: "Lanteri, Lucian" <Lucian.Lanteri@edexcel.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:15:05 +0100

<snip>

http://feral.i8.com/cgi-bin/i/thailand/cf_thai219.jpg
>Since you asked for it tried to think of criticism(i,m an amateur)
>What are you trying to get across ?
>Doing difficult things close to a edge?
>Or choosing a path?

>Either one might be improved upon by a slight change in camera standpoint
>Motion might look better by blurring the acrobat or the staircase if the
>lighting allows panning
>The lighting is very difficult i,d say and might be made more dramatic by
>reflectors or construction lights
>Flare might be controled by a very high quality lens or compendium types of
>shading or some helping hands
>overall i find it an intriging shot i would not have been able to take yet.
>thanks simon jessurun

Hi Simon,
thanks for your feedback.  Not sure that I could fit reflector or
construction lights in my backpack!!  I pretty much always use available
light and whatever's there.  The photo you refer to was taken in a grubby
hotel in Thailand, taken with a M6ttl with 35mmSummilux. The guy walking on
his hands was someone I'd met a week before, and was spontaneous - he really
was just wandering around on his hands!  I never ascribe meaning to my
photos - they mean whatever you want them to. (I've written about this on my
website http://feral.i8.com/meaning.html ).

cheers,
Lucian Lanteri.

Watch the Edexcel Achievement in Education Awards 2002 over the
internet - available from July 12 - by registering free of charge at
www.edexcel.commlive.com  The broadcast will be held on archive for two
months.
Further information about the awards can be found at
www.edexcel.org.uk/achievement

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person) , you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case , you
should destroy this message, and please notify us immediately.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this
message are not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless
otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent
of this message.