Subject: RE: cranes (was: RE: [Leica] FS: fine prints)
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:49:24 -0600

This was near Yellowknife - we have both kinds here for the summer - though
the whooping cranes nest south of Great Slave Lake and generally stay there.
The Sandhill Cranes fly through here heading south from the Arctic Coast.
These struck me as more white than sand coloured... but to tell the truth I
don't really remember now... There were two and I had my little guy
(16months) in the backpack. He saw them first and started going Bu... Bu...
Bu...  (trans. Bird). They were only about 15 feet away (we were on a ridge
beside the Yellowknife river) - and stayed there for a couple of minutes at
least. I was backing away slowly, but a bit too much Bu bu bu and arm waving
got them off the ground....

(Hexar AF was in the backpack... and only has 35mm lens. 16 month old is too
darn heavy to carry Leicas as well!)

tim