Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: .85x and 75-135mm
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:31:18 -0400

Or it could be that some people are either, a. So taken with the Red Dot
that they can't bring themselves to acknowledge that there is a problem with
rangefinder flare, or b. Some people take the rangefinder flare problem for
granted, and therefore don't think of it as a problem.

But it is possible, Steve, that you and about a half-a-dozen other people
who say they have never experienced M6 rangefinder flare have the handful of
cameras that were dropped, kicked, or otherwise somehow jiggered to
eliminate the problem.:-)

I'd point out that even Leica has finally acknowledged the problem, and
announced a while back that they would be making a fix in the M7 to reduce
the rangefinder flare which  is a fact of life in the M6 and original M7s.
In fact, it was even noted that they could retrofit the fix into M6TTLs, but
not M6 Classics.

And the flare is worse in the M6 .85 than it is in the .72, although the
"shade" does improve things."