Subject: RE: [Leica] Cartier-Bresson exhibition
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:36:58 -0400

Actually, he does NOT consider them to be photojournalism. He has publicly
stated, on I assume more than one occasion, that the only reason he once
called himself a "photojournalist" is that Robert Capa told him that if he
called himself a surrealist, no one would hire him. But if he called himself
a photojournalist, he would find work.:-)

HCB is a surrealist photographer who has in his life time done some
"photojournalism."

He may not call himself an artist - although I find that hard to believe -
but if he calls himself a photojournalist, he does so with a laugh.
B. D.