Subject: Service was [Leica] Three times a charm!! Canon 1Ds
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:31:01 +0200 (MEST)

Rob,

With one exception, that I won't go into, I'll really have to say that
Leica does have good support. The total time that it took Solms to repair
my badly clobbered M4 with a cracked body was two weeks ... and part of
that delay was my fault. I didn't respond to their fax with the cost
estimate for a couple of days.

The price they charged was very fair, about 1/3 of what it would have cost
to buy a used M4 in top shape.

The only thing I didn't like (and that wasn't Leica's fault) is that the
camera was delivered right to my door by the shipping company. I wasn't
there, so they left it outside the door :(

I would definitely give Solms a chance again if I ever need a repair. My
M4 is like new ... with a one year warranty and all.

Daniel