Subject: RE: [Leica] Mid-life crisis ???
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:05:23 +0200

>Christer Almqvist [mailto:chris@almqvist.net]

>SNIP'
>Recently some LUGgers have displayed dozens of photos taken on a
>single day. I sometimes wonder why. Were they really proud of each of
>these photos? I have yet to meet a photographer who has made a dozen
>of photos in a single day that meet the "real proud of" criteria. Or
>what criteria should there be to post photos for the LUG? Submissions
>for the next issue of the book "Worst picture postcards ever
>published"?<<<
>
>I posted 30 yesterday.  Our opinion of the LUG differs somewhat I think.
>This is not a gallery, a magazine or a masterclass; it's a loose collection
>of photographers who happen to like the equipment produced by a certain
>manufacturer.  I post photographs here to get a bit of help on technique and
>style

I miss such helpful comments. People are much too nice when it comes
to commenting on the photos and I rarely find constructive comments.
Some comments are helpful, but only for the ego.  Which is surprising
given the tone of some of fights we have witnessed here.

BTW what was the name of the politician you photographed at the
march? The one with lots of hair.