Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Truly upon us?
From: "Dizel" <webmaster@fucha.pl>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:12:02 +0200

> If the country where you *live* doesn't have AA batteries,
> [...]

Majority of digital cameras I know use 2CR5 (preferably lithium) or CR123.

> it
> probably also lacks indoor plumbing.

Yes, as I said. But *our* President knows when to stop when saying 'banana' :)
That's equally bright argument that yours is :)

I too frequently experienced a dead battery in digital camera.. It seemed
to happen especially when I just found a perfect location and prepared
to make a best shot. And yes, I sometimes had a spare battery . Unfortunately,
according to Murphy law, it was usually dead or wet. And _even_ if it worked,
changing them took a lot too long, especially in winter.
For me, battery - dependency is a good reason to at least take a manual
body + film as a backup.
- --
                                St.
               (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, ¬liMC)