Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Truly upon us?
From: Red Dawn <reddawn@staythismoment.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:28:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

Doug: if i had a drum scanner sitting at home, i wouldn't be grumbling
here about scanners! :)

BD: no not trolling. Erwin Putts made me do it. blame him! :P

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/technics/faq.html#Anchor-Scanner-58644

quote:

"The result: the best 2900 scanners could capture around 35 linepairs/mm
and the 4000 scanners managed to get slightly above 40 linepairs. But this
value is again lost in a 300dpi digital print.
Generally the differences between 2900 and 4000 scanners are becoming very
small and most people would be smart to buy the much cheaper 2900 ones.
Loss in image quality is hardly visible."

Red Dawn