Subject: [Leica] Posts you do not like...
From: "Aram Langhans" <langhans@yakima-wa.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:36:36 -0700

> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:47:19 -0600
> From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
> Subject: [Leica] Posts you do not like...
> Actually the supposed 1% problem posters are not the problem*. The real
> problem is the other 99% who feel they must publicly take a stand. So
> one "bad" post generates a bazillion responses. If you do not like a
> post, and want to make a difference, then first send a off-list request
> for clarification**. You could also send an off-list note of support to
> any party you feel is being injured. If the problem posters are doing it
> to cause a ruckus, then giving them one only encourages them further.
> Now if the real problem is that it is the 99% who want the ruckus,
> heaven help us...

Maybe the LUG is like a hocky game.  Are we are only happy if a fight breaks
out?  Only then do we feel like we got our money's worth?  Or are we like
those who go to auto races hoping for an accident?  I hope not.  I gave up
on hockey (and auto racing) 30 years ago, and from what I hear, it was
fairly tame back then compared to now.

Aram