Subject: Re: [Leica] Pradovit Color model numbers
From: "John and Catherine Allen" <allen@vo.lu>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:20:54 +0200

From: "John Nebel" <nebel@csdco.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
> > If this is correct, presumably a Pradovit with autofocus will have a
small
> > extra gadget somewhere near the slide. What should I look for?

> As one looks at the front of the projector with the cover off, there is
> light source on the left side of the lens aimed at the slide and a
> photoreceptor in a shroud on the right, both at a 45 degree angle.
There
> is a circuit card mounted vertically to the right of the lens to which
the
> photoreceptor is wired.

John,

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to confirm that I definitely don't
have an autofocus in my Pradovit Color.

Now, for the purposes of negotiation with the eBay vendor, I have to
estimate what the difference in value is between the advertised "Pradovit
Color 250 Autofocus" and the basic "Pradovit Color", 150W model which I
was sent.

I paid 127 euros (about $125) for this.

John

- --