Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 39: A school trip
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 23:03:31 +0200

In September all the Swiss schools seem to have week-long field trips to
the mountains, I guess to beat the snows which start in October. My
son's 8th grade at Zurich's Inter-Community School was no exception.
They were meeting at Zurich's main station Monday morning for the 3-hour
train journey:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_39.jpg

The were supposed to meet at 8.30 a.m. for a 9.04 departure. At 8.45 two
children had not shown up, and the teacher in charge, Mrs. Smith, was
getting visibly concerned:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_39alt1.jpg

Finally everyone is there and it is time to go to the train. It is my
son in the foreground, with glasses and the big backpack:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_39alt2.jpg

(The main picture and the first 2 alternates taken with the Bessa R2 +
24mm Elmarit M on Ilford Delta 3200).

Four days later they returned. My son came back with a bandage around
his head and five stitches, due to a wayward piece of wood. Here he is
on the commuter train back from the main station to our town. His
subdued mood is partly due to his injury (sustained the day before) and
partly severe withdrawal symptoms since he has been without TV or
electronic games for 4 days:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_39alt3.jpg
(Bessa R2, 35mm Summilux ASPH, Ilford Delta 3200)

The main PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2002.htm
and comments/critique are always welcomed and appreciated.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland