Subject: Re: [Leica] kicking people off the island
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:34:16 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/02 2:03:04 PM, reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< I note two things:

1. B.D. hasn't posted a syllable in more than four days.

2. The LUG has managed to scare off one of its best photographers during that
time with all of this idiotic response to the lovely photograph of Clementine.

Who are we going to kick off the island for this one? Gerry?
Howabout if everybody just tries to be nicer. >>

I'm sorry, maybe I missed posts.

But what was idiotic in response to Gerry's photograph of Clemintine?

A few people posted that they couldn't see the image because it was too small.

Someone mentioned that they thought the watch detracted from Clementine's
beauty.

I mentioned in response to the question whether she had given consent to
having her image shown that it would be nice to have gotten her consent.

Despite Gerry's request for a non-critique, every posting I read managed to
support Gerry, saying that his image and the young woman was lovely....not
one public LUG message suggested he take down the image or that his image was
"wrong" or "obscene" or anything like that.

Maybe I'm not getting all of the LUG posts, but from what I got off the
public LUG list I'm wondering where was the hurt or the controversy in this
thread?

- -kim

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] kicking people off the island)
Reply from "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (Re: [Leica] kicking people off the island)